8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
We will meet at Lake Creek Trail at 8 a.m. Lake Creek Trail continues to be an amazing place to bird. Not only is it completely accessible, but it has four different habitats, encouraging a number of beautiful birds.
Please be prompt. The parking lot is on Braes Valley. It does show up on Google Maps, but I will also give directions below. Unfortunately, it is not on the Capital Metro route.
Bring water, a hat, sunscreen, and insect repellent. Bring binoculars if you have them. I will bring extra binoculars for those of you who need them.
See you there! I am very excited you are coming. I know you will enjoy it. If you run into any problem, call or text me at 512-461-6920.
1.Take 183 North to the Lake Creek exit. Be careful not to confuse that with Lakeline exit.
2. After you take the Lake Creek exit and are on the 183 Frontage Road, get in the far right lane and take a right on Lake Creek.
3. Follow Lake Creek until you get to the 620 Frontage Road.
4. Go right on the 620 Frontage Road and stay in the right lane. You will see a sign that says the right lane is ending, but go ahead and stay in that lane because you’re going to be turning right immediately after that lane ends on Broadmeade Road.
5. After you turn right on Broadmeade, stay on that road until you cross a small bridge.
6. Take a left on Braes Valley, and stay on it until it dead ends at the parking lot of Lake Creek Trail.