Part-Time Education Internship at Travis Audubon
Travis Audubon is currently seeking an Education Intern to help provide high-quality environmental education to diverse audiences in Travis County. The internship is designed to allow you gain practical experience in developing and teaching with environmental education curriculum, particularly with young people.
– Research and develop nature-based educational activities for various age groups
– Research and develop educational content to be used at Travis Audubon’s Blair Woods Sanctuary
– Act as a liaison between Travis Audubon and various stakeholders
– Represent Travis Audubon at community events
– Facilitate Travis Audubon youth education programming
– Assist with fundraising efforts, including the annual luncheon
The right candidate will:
– Have a Bachelor’s Degree or is working toward one
– Have reliable transportation
– Be passionate about education and the environment
– Be comfortable working with a wide range of personalities
– Have stellar oral and written communication skills
– Possess strong multi-tasking abilities
– Spanish proficiency preferred but not required
– Possess basic office, computer, and professional skills
– Must commit to 10-15 hours per week starting September 3 through December 13
– Compensation is $10/hr
– Travis Audubon’s office is located in Hyde Park in Central Austin, but many hours of the internship will be spent in various places around Travis County, such as Travis Audubon Sanctuaries and partner properties.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15. No phone calls, please. Decision will be made by August 16.
Volunteers are the backbone of Travis Audubon. Each one helps make our mission of promoting the enjoyment, understanding, and conservation of native birds and their habitats possible.
For questions about volunteering please call 512-300-2473 or email email@example.com.
Restoration Days to maintain trails and clear invasive plants take place monthly at our sanctuaries. Training and tools are provided. Please sign up through the calendar.