Travis Audubon is seeking an energetic self-starter to join us in environmental conservation. The Operations Coordinator will provide high-quality administrative support to Travis Audubon’s Executive Director and Members. Specifically, s/he will be responsible for the timely processing of gifts and gift acknowledgments, payables, and ensuring the smooth operation of the Travis Audubon office. Our new colleague will bring a passion for the environment, exceptional organizational ability, and a can-do attitude to this role.
Travis Audubon is the oldest conservation organization in Austin with a mission to promote the enjoyment, understanding, and conservation of native birds and their habitats. You will be joining a team of staff and volunteers whose programs and events raise awareness of the mounting threat urban development presents to local and migratory birds and their habitats.
This is a full-time position with benefits, including paid health insurance, paid vacation, and a retirement match. This is an immediate opening.
- Serve as the financial point of contact for Travis Audubon office:
- Ensure that bills are paid on a timely basis and that invoices are coded correctly to reflect the type of expense, the nature of the work, and the grant or funding source (as necessary)
- Assist in sending invoices and tracking receivables
- Maintain and ensure receipts for credit card activity are organized, received, and approved for all purchases
- Manage and track all budgets, income, and expenses for grants
- Manage logistics of board meetings and other key meetings, including securing and managing locations and refreshments, etc.
- Manage gift receipt and processing:
- Track and report on donations each month
- Prepare, print, and mail thank you letters
- Respond to phone inquiries
- Maintain and update records in our donor database, including donor contact/activity notes, contact information and preferences, and other information
- Follow up with membership inquiries
- Prospect new membership opportunities
- Assist in membership and fundraising campaigns
- Assist with the preparation and mailing of electronic submission of grants, proposals, reports and correspondence as needed
- Manage the organization of the office, including calendaring, filing, mail, office supplies, and banking
- Assist with events, member meetings, and classes as requested
- Assist with newsletter production and other outreach as requested
- Assist the Executive Director as needed
- Serve as a point of contact for office vendors, members, and anyone seeking information
Qualifications and Experience
- 4-year college degree preferred
- 2-3 years of nonprofit and/or administrative experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational ability, attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple priorities, and a can-do attitude are essential
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for environmental issues and birds desired
- Proven ability to track, provide follow up, and move tasks/projects to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to handle requests large and small with a great attitude
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a small team
- Excellent professional skills in customer service, writing, editing, and communication
- Critical thinking skills and a problem-solving attitude
- Must be willing and able to attend events outside of business hours, including monthly meetings, Travis Audubon special events, and community events for outreach and education
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be very comfortable talking with members and others on the phone
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Box, and common internet tools
- Proficiency in NEON or other CRM systems strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Quickbooks strongly preferred
- Experience working with donors, grants, and development processes a plus
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and list of references with contact information to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Volunteers are the backbone of Travis Audubon. Each one helps make our mission of promoting the enjoyment, understanding, and conservation of native birds and their habitats possible. To learn more about volunteer opportunities please click the link below:
For questions about volunteering please call 512-300-2473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restoration Days to maintain trails and clear invasive plants take place monthly at our sanctuaries. Training and tools are provided. Please sign up through the calendar.