Travis Audubon is seeking a dynamic development professional to help bring our organization to the next level. We are looking for an energetic self-starter with a love of both fundraising and conservation to join us in our mission. The Development Manager will spearhead donor development, continued membership growth, and major donor initiatives, as well as help plan and execute an upcoming capital campaign. Our new colleague will bring a passion for the environment, exceptional fundraising and people skills, and a can-do, entrepreneurial attitude to this role.
Travis Audubon is the oldest conservation organization in Austin with a mission to promote the enjoyment, understanding, and conservation of native birds and their habitats. You will be joining a small staff and an incredible group of volunteers who bring programs and events to Central Texans that help inspire conservation through birding.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits, including paid health insurance, paid vacation, personal leave, sick leave, paid holidays, and a 3% retirement match. Start date is flexible, but ideally in September 2021. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and execute Travis Audubon’s annual fundraising plan, identifying potential revenue sources and donor cultivation opportunities
- Responsible for building major gift pipeline, working closely with the Executive Director and the Board to determine best solicitation plans and moves management for leadership prospects
- Provide oversight for deadlines, deliverables, and timelines for multiple funding priorities, and enforce adherence to deadlines and budgets
- Provide management and oversight for grants prospecting, writing, and reporting
- Cultivate and manage relationships with corporate sponsors
- In coordination with the staff and Board, be the team lead for the annual Victor Emanuel Conservation Award Luncheon
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors and members
- Provide periodic analysis and progress reports on important fundraising projects and objectives
- Keep informed of new information regarding research findings, issues, trends and needs as related to fundraising methodologies and best practices
- Analyze fundraising data through Neon CRM for all donor activities
- Ensure that donor recognition activities and initiatives are in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
- Identify strategies for streamlining and/or enhancing fundraising efforts in relation to donor recognition and retention
- Assist with events, member meetings, and classes as requested
- Represent the mission, vision, and programs of Travis Audubon to the general public in a strong, positive manner
Qualifications and Experience must haves:
- 5+ years of nonprofit development success
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree
- An appreciation for/ interest in learning about birds and the environment
- Strong nonprofit fundraising skills with the ability to achieve funding goals
- An exceptionally high level of attention to detail, professionalism, and organization
- Experience managing complex programs and balancing multiple priorities
- Experience with in-person and virtual fundraising events
- Experience with managing and tracking a successful capital campaign
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and the highest level of integrity
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a small team
- Excellent critical thinking skills and a problem-solving attitude
- Must be willing and able to attend occasional events on evenings and weekends, including monthly meetings, Travis Audubon special events, and community events for outreach and education
- Must have reliable transportation and maintain a Texas driver’s license in good standing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Box, and common internet tools
- Proficiency in NeonCRM or other CRM systems required
- A great sense of humor and a commitment to good team dynamics
To apply, email letter, resume, and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Volunteers are the backbone of Travis Audubon. Each one helps make our mission of promoting the enjoyment, understanding, and conservation of native birds and their habitats possible.
For questions about volunteering please call 512-300-2473 or email email@example.com.
Note: Minors are permitted to volunteer with the written consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Restoration Days to maintain trails and clear invasive plants take place monthly at our sanctuaries. Training and tools are provided. Please sign up through the calendar.